Camping Gear — We’re usually pretty good about bring along our toothbrush whenever we take a trip, but there are some items that you will take camping that you don’t normally have at home.
1. Pocket Knife – Perhaps the funnest thing to bring along, a pocket knife can also be the most useful. Things need to be opened, trimmed and it’s a great way to make friends when comparing whose is cooler.
Also, if you know what you are doing, you could live indefinately in almost any climate with just a knife (think Castaway).
2. Hand Sanitizer – Dirt is dirty. Soap is always right there by the sink, but when you are camping you probably won’t be bringing it. Keep yourself germ free by packing along a small bottle of hand sanitizer which you can find at almost every store.
If you end up in a place where it is difficult to clean up, this is a great way to stay clean. Baby wipes are a great substitute and will also help wipe the dirt off.
3. Toilet Paper – Away from home, we have to rely on the kindness of strangers when it comes to this area. Make sure you bring a little of your own in case the area you visit is a little low.
4. Girl Necessities – I won’t shock you by mentioning them by name, but don’t forget them. Not having them handy will end a trip faster than an angry bear.
5. Oral Care – Toothpaste and your toothbrush will store easily in a zip lock bag and do wonders for helping you feel civilized no matter where you are. If you don’t have a sink, learning to swish and spit with just a water bottle can be fun if you keep your sense of humor.
Don’t forget the floss, even if you don’t feel like using it, floss is very versatile and will come in handy when you need to tie something back on to the car.
• More Camping Gear Articles
• All Camping Articles